Chocolate And Peanut Butter Brownie In A Mug
Do you ever get the craving for a sweet treat but you don’t want to bother with making a whole batch of cookies or a huge pan of brownies? If you’re like me, having a dozen cookies on hand or a 9″ by 13″ pan of brownies would mean one thing: I’d be tempted to eat them all!
This craving hit me just the other day. I had finished dinner and was catching up on shows on the DVR and I decided I wanted something sweet for dessert. I have heard about recipes for just one or two cookies, but I wanted something fast. And I didn’t want to mess with heating up the oven for just two cookies. I found this recipe for a brownie in a mug that you make in the microwave! Score!
This is the perfect amount for one serving and can usually be made with ingredients that you already have in the pantry. I have experimented with the recipe over the past few weeks by creating a “blondie” version using butterscotch, and a “white chocolate” version, but I have to say that my latest attempt was the best because this one combines two of my favorites, peanut butter and chocolate. And to make it just a touch less fattening, I used Splenda instead of sugar and it worked perfectly!
The next time you need a quick dessert fix you must try this! And let us know how it turns out!
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar (or Splenda)
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 1/4 cup nuts
- Place dry ingredients into a microwave safe mug and mix.
- Add the oil, peanut butter, water, vanilla, and nuts and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Place the mug in the microwave uncovered and heat on high until the mixture is cooked through. I started with a minute and 30 seconds and found that 2 minutes was perfect for a 1000 watt microwave.
- Let it cool before diving in... the center will be like hot lava!
- You can top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if desired. You can add whatever kind of nuts you like: peanuts, walnuts, or even trail mix! Or none at all!