Five Minute Almond Cake
The moving dust is beginning to settle. Boxes are slowly being unpacked. And I’m ready to start cooking again!
I have been sitting on this recipe for a while. My mother sent it to me several months ago and said that it is a hit back home. So I had to try it. Boy she wasn’t kidding! I’m assuming that the “five minute” part of the title means that is how quickly it can be thrown together. I mixed it up and popped it in the oven and then started dinner. By the time dinner was done, dessert was ready. How cool is that?
It is much like a pound cake; dense and very filling. But the almond extract and the slivered almonds on top give it its unique flavor. I still wouldn’t be opposed to slathering a slice with fresh strawberries! In fact, I’d probably eat the whole darn thing in one sitting!
So how about treating Mom for Mother’s Day this year and serve her this wonderful, sweet, rich cake! Be a good kid… do it for Mom!
Happy Mother’s Day!
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 C flour
- 1 C sugar
- 2 tsp. Almond Extract
- Slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, beat two eggs.
- Add flour, sugar, and almond extract and mix well.
- Add the melted butter, stir it in, and pour into a greased pie plate or round cake pan.
- Sprinkle the top with the slivered almonds, as much or as little as you like.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool a bit before serving.
- Can be served as is or try topping it off with freshly whipped cream or even sweetened, sliced strawberries!