Jalapeño Mac & Cheese
Comfort food with a kick of heat, this Jalapeño Mac & Cheese is the perfect side for your holiday family gathering, or for ANY time of the year!
Today is the 3rd Birthday of Chefs -N- Giggles Blog! To celebrate we are sharing something HOT with you that is perfect for Fall and the upcoming holidays: Jalapeño Mac & Cheese!
*Marching band begins to play!*
*The crowd goes WILD!*
This mac & cheese dish is one that is popular with all of our friends. Only to celebrate this milestone in our blogging adventures, we have given it a makeover! We have scaled down the recipe so that it can be made for a quick dinner for four, but you can also double it up as in the original recipe and serve an army. Now wasn’t that thoughtful of us?!
So thank you all, our loyal fans and friends, for keeping up with us over the last three years and letting us share our food and fun times with you. We look forward to many more years to come and much more food and laughs to be had!
Chef Rob and Chef Daman
- 1 cup shells pasta
- 1 14.75 oz. can cream corn
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. dried onion chips
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 10 oz. block Jalapeño Velveeta cheese
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- Crispy fried jalapeño salad toppers for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9” x 13” baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Pour in the uncooked pasta.
- Add the cream corn and water.
- Sprinkle in the chopped onion.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Drop the butter and cheese cubes evenly into the pasta and corn mixture.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and place it into the oven, for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove from oven and uncover.
- With a large spoon, mix thoroughly. The cheese should be starting to melt.
- Place the dish back in the oven uncovered, for another 20 minutes, or until you see it bubbling and starting to make that brown delicious crust.