Simple Summer Pasta Salad
A delicious pasta salad that is a perfect side for your next BBQ or picnic. This simple summer pasta salad is quick and easy to assemble, and can be made the day before!
Hey y’all! Happy Summer! Yesterday was officially the first day of summer so we decided what better way to start it off than with a cool, delicious summer recipe! I have to admit that I LOVE pasta salad. I will eat it almost any way you can fix it. This simple summer pasta salad reminds me of the stuff I used to make out of the box, “Suddenly Salad“, or whatever it was called. ACK! This one is WAY better because I use fresh ingredients and make it my own.
As you are aware we love summer, as it provides the perfect opportunity to grill out and spend time with our friends in the good old outdoors! That is why we are constantly trying new recipes that are quick and easy to put together, and are super yummy! This simple summer pasta salad is going to be on the list for sure this summer.
The best thing about this recipe is that it is totally a starting point for you, if you wish. Go crazy and add whatever you like in a salad! You are only limited by your imagination. 🙂 It just so happens that I threw in the peas on this version at the last minute. What a perfect addition they turned out to be. Score!
So, friends and fans, celebrate the beginning of summer and have a cookout. Go on a picnic. Heck, have a full blown pool party! And start by making this simple summer pasta salad as the perfect edition to your meal.
- 2 cups pasta (I used elbows)
- ⅓ cup shredded carrot (about 1 large or 2 small whole carrots)
- 1 pkt. dry ranch dressing mix
- ¾ cup mayo
- 2 Tbs. milk
- 1 Tbs. spicy brown mustard
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ⅓ cup bacon bits
- 1 small can sliced black olives (2.25 oz.)
- 2 heaping tsp. sun dried tomatoes, chopped fine
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta to just al dente, drain, and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, add the pasta, mayo, ranch dressing mix, milk, and mustard, and mix well.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and stir gently to coat.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving, or overnight is best.